couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: website - should we target the devs a little more
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 18:41:48 GMT
On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> The homepage (or marketing site as I call it) is targeted at new users.
> That's why the link to the source code is tucked away at the bottom.

I was speaking as a marketer....  (which was actually part of my master ;)

> Benoit, you trying to find the Git URL was not one of our user stories, and
> nor should it be. You're perfectly able to figure that one out for
> yourself. ;)

I'm confused. shouldn't the website direct all the users? See the android
site for ex it manage all actors of a project:

 http://www.android.com/

Also i think I'm generally good to find the information on the web. Here it
took me 10mn to find the right link.

> I definitely think we need to keep the website up to date, and iterate on
> it. And I would like to see some concrete proposals that we can talk about.

 On a pure information perspective their layout what you find on the
android website in term of entries and informations is what I would expect.
I could of course do something, but if a graphist could help that would be
the best.

- benoƮt