couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: branching in couchdb
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 06:15:21 GMT
So I didn't realize we settled on Ticket-{feature,fix}_coolname here (hence
my git spam this morning) . Imo this naming is awkward and miss the initial
goal. ie make it easy to parse even for humans.

Today this isn't a problem we have not so many branch. But in near future I
expect more activity on the repo and it will become important. It will be
hard to rename it after than deciding today on a good naming. Imo we should
really think a little more on that. Beeing relaxed is fine, but to be
honest I am generally more relax when I know  that things in the future
won't be a problem.

- benoit