couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Plugins First Draft
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:19:12 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well,
>
> In my opinion the couchdb http external api  is just an hack waiting
> something better. When I am thinking to couchdb i am thinking to one of its
> core feature aka master-master replication. On wich I add "p2p". So maybe
> my view is biased. But based on this view for me plugin should also be
> replicable. Using external api would make it hard to replicate though it's
> possible by copying content of a doc on the fs. To be honest I don't think
> it's a good way to handle that.

Hm, if they need to be replicable, this theoretically could be done by
placing them into ddocs at externals and os_daemons keys. So when ddoc
get stored, these functions goes to query server which executes them
and becomes external process or os_daemon. One big feature lose is an
ability to free kill external process to restart it: with query server
implementation it wouldn't be easy to find correct process due to
similar naming.

P.S. Just trying to play around current things, may be something fresh
and new will be much more better.

--