couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Octavian Damiean <mainer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let’s ship 1.3.0 now.
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:14:21 GMT
+1 on releasing 1.3 already and +1 on time based releases.

On Nov 14, 2012 4:18 AM, "Randall Leeds" <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> We can do a round up of the status of 1.3 blockers during this week's
> meeting and get the focus around it, make sure there's actions for
everyone
> who needs them for everything to get done.
>
>
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com
>wrote:
>
> > The point of not including cors in 1.3 is precisely so we're not rushing
> > things. Historically we have had a habit of wanting "the next big
feature"
> > in "the next big release" which tends to make our releases drag out a
bit
> > as we wait on volunteers to work through the big features. The idea
behind
> > time based releases is that we'll have releases regularly and then won't
> > need to rush to get big features done quickly because the delay between
> > releases will only be a couple months instead of in the 6-12 month
range.
> >
> > +1 on releasing (assuming that all blocker bugs are cleared, I haven't
> > checked the list lately) without CORS and docs.
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM, john.tiger <john.tigernassau@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > this feels rushed - not a good thing with an enterprise thing like a
db -
> > > does couch have big users that need the as is 1.3 features asap or
even
> > > sponsors that are wanting to ship every 3 mos regardless ?  If not,
why
> > not
> > > wait and rally troops to make sure cors features are set,
documentation
> > is
> > > done, and some compiling issues are resolved - maybe the committee has
> > > other reasons, but 3 mos seems really quick for an enterprise thing
like
> > a
> > > db.
> > >
> > > Others mlge may vary but we want to use the cors feature - could care
> > less
> > > about a 1.3 without it
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On 11/13/2012 01:08 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> > >
> > >> On Nov 13, 2012, at 20:53 , Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >>
> > >>  On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>
wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>>  if it's part of 1.3.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>> The point of this email is to decouple cors & docs from 1.3.0.
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>  I forgot a "not" obviously.. Sorry for that
> > >>>
> > >> Clarified via IRC:
> > >>
> > >> [21:00:26] <benoitc> well was just me trying to ask "do we really
want
> > to
> > >> ship at least without docs? "
> > >> [21:00:39] <benoitc> but i'm fine with both
> > >> [21:00:40] <+jan____> ah, I’d say yes.
> > >> [21:01:12] <benoitc> i wonder if we couldn't put the doc online for
1.3
> > >> at least
> > >> [21:01:39] <benoitc> since that part can be easily done
> > >> http://rcouch.org/docs/
> > >> [21:01:58] <+jan____> sure, why not, that’s completely unrelated
to
the
> > >> release
> > >> [21:02:18] <benoitc> indeed
> > >>
> > >> Cheers
> > >> Jan
> > >>
> > >
> > >
> >

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message