couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Branca <chewbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 16:05:19 GMT
Interesting idea, and sounds like a great addition as a plugin. One of
our primary goals is to design the system in a modular enough way that
you could easily add support for this in (obviously once CORS is in
place), and then also be able to create a backend to plugin for
PouchDB.

-Russell

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com> wrote:
> Awesome that this is kicking off proper again, So one thing I meant to
> bring up earlier, but being in this thread scares me :)
>
> One really great feature that would need to be thought about and baked in
> from very early on, is using futon to control multiple instances of
> CouchDB, not just the CouchDB in which it is currently residing.I have
> various instances of CouchDB servers around and I would like to manage them
> from a single place (drag and drop replication yo)
>
> I say that with a selfish hat on, I would love to be working on Futon.Next
> instead of reinventing (my third) futon replacement to have it working for
> PouchDB (Puton!)
>
> And yeh, as we seen with the last futon revamp it should most definitely be
> in a seperate repository from a full couchdb fork, it tells people they
> have to build couch to work on futon, its a nightmare when working on stuff
> inside couch and trying to dogfood the new UI etc etc
>

> On 1 November 2012 12:37, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 09:56, Garren Smith wrote:
>>
>> > Could we seperate this out of Couchdb as a pure couchapp for now? Might
>> make it easier to work on.
>>
>> I think keeping it in a fork of CouchDB is good. It hopefully addresses
>> some of Noah's concerns re visibility and will help keep us honest (e.g.
>> stop us from diverging away from an end goal of something served out of
>> _utils). There's nothing stopping people deploying as a couchapp out of
>> that source tree though, once I merge in your patch :D
>> > Simon could you share your wireframes with everyone?
>>
>> Yes, we're working on that now (amongst other things).
>> > We have an issues list here https://github.com/Futon/Futon.Next/issuesShould
we keep using that as our todo list for Fauxton?