couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:17:47 GMT
Awesome that this is kicking off proper again, So one thing I meant to
bring up earlier, but being in this thread scares me :)

One really great feature that would need to be thought about and baked in
from very early on, is using futon to control multiple instances of
CouchDB, not just the CouchDB in which it is currently residing.I have
various instances of CouchDB servers around and I would like to manage them
from a single place (drag and drop replication yo)

I say that with a selfish hat on, I would love to be working on Futon.Next
instead of reinventing (my third) futon replacement to have it working for
PouchDB (Puton!)

And yeh, as we seen with the last futon revamp it should most definitely be
in a seperate repository from a full couchdb fork, it tells people they
have to build couch to work on futon, its a nightmare when working on stuff
inside couch and trying to dogfood the new UI etc etc

On 1 November 2012 12:37, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 09:56, Garren Smith wrote:
>
> > Could we seperate this out of Couchdb as a pure couchapp for now? Might
> make it easier to work on.
>
> I think keeping it in a fork of CouchDB is good. It hopefully addresses
> some of Noah's concerns re visibility and will help keep us honest (e.g.
> stop us from diverging away from an end goal of something served out of
> _utils). There's nothing stopping people deploying as a couchapp out of
> that source tree though, once I merge in your patch :D
> > Simon could you share your wireframes with everyone?
>
> Yes, we're working on that now (amongst other things).
> > We have an issues list here https://github.com/Futon/Futon.Next/issuesShould we
keep using that as our todo list for Fauxton?