couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git commit: handle CORS. fix #COUCHDB-431
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 05:52:54 GMT
On Nov 1, 2012, at 1:41 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok I will stop for now pushed 431_feature_cors (the removing of caps is
> wanted here and I will be happy to just update the jira title if someone
> really care) .

Sure, I only used caps because CORS is an acronym.  It doesn't matter at all.  Is there a
reason why you keep using underscores instead of hyphens?

> Side note: Imo adding feature in the naming here doesn't give anything  .
> Prefixing by feature/ at least would optimize queries for rapid eye looking
> or a bot going over the issues...

Probably best to bring that up as an objection to Jan's proposal in the "branching in couchdb"
thread.  Personally I prefer the 431-feature-cors style from that proposal.

I realize I'm being incredibly pedantic, but it just rubbed me the wrong way that we collectively
wrote 9 emails on the topic branch naming today, got what appeared to be lazy consensus on
a convention, and then almost immediately ignored that convention.  Regards,

Adam