couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Garren Smith ...@redcometlabs.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:56:03 GMT

On 01 Nov 2012, at 11:28 AM, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:

>> Haven't run it yet, but the structure looks pretty good.
>>
>> The key decisions so far seem to be:
>> - build with grunt
>> - backbone
>> - require.js (yes?)
>> - LESS
>>
>> And I take no issue with any of those.
> Great! Garren has a change to the deployment script (to make it pushable as a couchapp
- he beat me to it!), and some modules that wouldn't be priority for us (since they're for
features Cloudant don't have).

> Russell and I have some developer documentation to write and an example module or two
by the end of next week. We'll keep pushing into this fork.

> Do people agree that this is a good foundation to build on?
I think this is a great starting point.

> If so how do folk want to proceed?
Could we seperate this out of Couchdb as a pure couchapp for now? Might make it easier to
work on.
Simon could you share your wireframes with everyone? We have an issues list here https://github.com/Futon/Futon.Next/issues
Should we keep using that as our todo list for Fauxton?

> Should we create a PR to couch or is it too early just now?
> Cheers
> Simon

Cheers
Garren