couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:21:11 GMT

On Nov 1, 2012, at 12:46 , Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 11:35, Alexander Shorin wrote:
>
>> Because it's additional semi justified dependencies and whole project
>> goes far away from couchapp concept, imho.
>
> I don't think it does. In fact I'd say it emphasises the flexibility of couch apps and
how they play nicely with other tools ("hey look, you can use this database with the toolset
I'm used to from jquery").
>> If Erica will be bundled tool out of CouchDB box, better to dance around him.
>
> I'd rather use something that exists today and evaluate erica when it is included with
CouchDB and has the necessary feature set in the future.

> With grunt we can get consistent build environments, with erica we'd either have people
installing tools (linters, less compiler, minify-ers etc) manually/ad-hoc, have to rely on
something like npm (and if we're doing that, why not use grunt?) or build it ourselves (eurgh!).

In addition, we make this all more attractive for direly needed web-developer contributors.

Major +1 on grunt + bbb.

Cheers
Jan