couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: questions about some commits on external libs
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:14:36 GMT
Thanks Robert, Benoit!

Our somewhat unwritten policy is definitely to try hard to push changes upstream.

Cheers
Jan
--

On Nov 10, 2012, at 12:15 , Bob Dionne <bob.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2012, at 6:16 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Bob Dionne <bob.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Benoit,
>>>
>>> I made that ibrowse commit. I'm not sure what the process is with respect to
pushing this upstream. At Cloudant we maintain  a fork of ibrowse that also seems to track
couchdb changes to ibrowse as well. I'm happy to handle it however you see fit.

>>> I think this is where the rebar component based approach works well. It enables
independent development of the components. Switching to a newer version is just changing a
line in rebar.config

>> I agree, this is the best way to handle that for temporary changes.
>> But we should also send the patch upstream so it can be integrated.
>
> Ok, I'll submit a pull request. This change was just an upgrade to use some new BIFs
so they may not be accepted if support for older erlang versions is still required