couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Garren Smith ...@redcometlabs.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:18:18 GMT

On 01 Nov 2012, at 2:37 PM, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 09:56, Garren Smith wrote:
>
>> Could we seperate this out of Couchdb as a pure couchapp for now? Might make it easier
to work on.

> I think keeping it in a fork of CouchDB is good. It hopefully addresses some of Noah's
concerns re visibility and will help keep us honest (e.g. stop us from diverging away from
an end goal of something served out of _utils). There's nothing stopping people deploying
as a couchapp out of that source tree though, once I merge in your patch :D
I think it will make life a lot easier to have it in its own repository. There is a lot of
unnecessary overhead in developing a js frontend around the couchdb code base.

>> Simon could you share your wireframes with everyone?
>
> Yes, we're working on that now (amongst other things).
>> We have an issues list here https://github.com/Futon/Futon.Next/issues Should we
keep using that as our todo list for Fauxton?

> Yeah, I think that's a decent place. I've been using trello recently which is another
nice tool for tracking progress (orthogonal to a todo), maybe that's OTT, though.
Lets use issues for now and if we need more help tracking progress we can move to Trello.
Could you or Russel say what you guys are currently working on w.r.t Fauxton and where other
developers could initially get involved? Maybe this should all be done on the issues.

> Cheers
> Simon

Cheers
Garren