couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Dionne <bob.dio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions about some commits on external libs
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:15:57 GMT

On Nov 10, 2012, at 6:16 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Bob Dionne <bob.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> I made that ibrowse commit. I'm not sure what the process is with respect to pushing
this upstream. At Cloudant we maintain  a fork of ibrowse that also seems to track couchdb
changes to ibrowse as well. I'm happy to handle it however you see fit.

>> I think this is where the rebar component based approach works well. It enables independent
development of the components. Switching to a newer version is just changing a line in rebar.config

> I agree, this is the best way to handle that for temporary changes.
> But we should also send the patch upstream so it can be integrated.

Ok, I'll submit a pull request. This change was just an upgrade to use some new BIFs so they
may not be accepted if support for older erlang versions is still required