couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: [REL1.3.0] CouchDB Windows / OS X packages (Progress?)
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:19:02 GMT
Hi, Noah

> Did you get any feedback on the build that we can incorporate for 1.3?

Yes, Benoit mentioned a few things which need to be fixed:

"
On Jun 18, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> I have some problems with the current binary linked on the homepage.
> Not with the binary by itself which works but with the branding.
>
> 1. Titte in about is "CouchDB Server" I don't know what it's means. If
> linked on the homepage, it should be "Apache CouchDB" imo and nothing
> else. Other than that we should just link it on the wiki.
> 2. Copyright. imo we should only have the apache copyright for
> anything "official". How these copyrights will work if we include the
> osx build in the sources btw ?
> 3. Since the source code isn't in the apache couchdb repository, a
> link to the OSX sources should be provided in the ABOUT. It's not
> required by the aoache 2 license, but generally we expect to find the
> sources in the repository when  it comes from an apache project?
>
> Anyway both can be fixed when the sources will be included in the repo
> (Is the process started) ?

"

1. ->  Change Title to "Apache CouchDB"
2. -> should be no problem
3. -> Add link to sources in the about box

> What would it take to get your build in to the official repos?

The build is basically a wrapper around the standard CouchDB disk layout. The additional wrapper
code could be merged into a sub-folder of the repository called for instance "couchdbx-app".

How is this done for the Windows build?

> If you can prepare patches, I am more than happy to review, and apply them.

I will update the code to include 1., 2. and 3.

- Hans