couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject retry: query re: couchdb's use of git.
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:46:27 GMT
Hi,
Just trying again...is there anyone here in the couchdb dev community that
can help me out w.r.t the question I asked below?
Thx
Dan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Haywood <dan@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Date: 19 October 2012 10:20
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org

Hi couchdb'ers...

I'm a committer on Apache Isis, which just (as of Wed 17th Oct) graduated
out of the incubator.... So my interest isn't in couchdb per se (actually,
it's a cool product though, and we do intend to integrate with it at some
stage)... however I'd very much like to pick your brains on your use of GIT.

Poking around your website and wiki, it does seem to me that you've managed
to make GIT into your primary repo, and abandon SVN all together?

My question is: is there a process for doing this?  All of the
documentation in ASF at the moment seems to be related to maintaining a GIT
mirror but still having SVN as the master.

Many thanks

Dan Haywood
Apache Isis (VP)