couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [REL1.3.0] CouchDB Windows / OS X packages (Progress?)
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:41:11 GMT
On 14 October 2012 17:19, Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
> Hi, Noah
>
>> Did you get any feedback on the build that we can incorporate for 1.3?
>
> Yes, Benoit mentioned a few things which need to be fixed:
>
> "
> On Jun 18, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>> I have some problems with the current binary linked on the homepage.
>> Not with the binary by itself which works but with the branding.
>>
>> 1. Titte in about is "CouchDB Server" I don't know what it's means. If
>> linked on the homepage, it should be "Apache CouchDB" imo and nothing
>> else. Other than that we should just link it on the wiki.
>> 2. Copyright. imo we should only have the apache copyright for
>> anything "official". How these copyrights will work if we include the
>> osx build in the sources btw ?
>> 3. Since the source code isn't in the apache couchdb repository, a
>> link to the OSX sources should be provided in the ABOUT. It's not
>> required by the aoache 2 license, but generally we expect to find the
>> sources in the repository when  it comes from an apache project?
>>
>> Anyway both can be fixed when the sources will be included in the repo
>> (Is the process started) ?
>
> "
>
> 1. ->  Change Title to "Apache CouchDB"
> 2. -> should be no problem
> 3. -> Add link to sources in the about box
>
>> What would it take to get your build in to the official repos?
>
> The build is basically a wrapper around the standard CouchDB disk layout. The additional
wrapper code could be merged into a sub-folder of the repository called for instance "couchdbx-app".

> How is this done for the Windows build?
>
>> If you can prepare patches, I am more than happy to review, and apply them.
>
> I will update the code to include 1., 2. and 3.
>
> - Hans
>

> On Oct 14, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> Hans,
>>
>> Great news!
>>
>> Did you get any feedback on the build that we can incorporate for 1.3?
>>
>> What would it take to get your build in to the official repos?
>>
>> If you can prepare patches, I am more than happy to review, and apply them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Noah,
>>>
>>> I have done the OS X build and I am there to upgrade it to 1.3.
>>>
>>> - Hans

>>> fix.
>>> it

>>> this

>> --
>> NS

Hi Hans,

You'll need to add the equivalent of `brew install autoconf-archive`
for osx now for build support, Noah cleaned up some dead wood. Other
docs-related stuff will require some more work I think, around sphinx
etc. Not sure how that would be accommodated.

A+
Dave