couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [REL1.3.0] CouchDB Windows / OS X packages (Progress?)
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:45:19 GMT
On 14 October 2012 12:27, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> This is the first of several "What's up with releasing 1.3?" emails.
> (See subject prefix!)
>
> I wanted to start a discussion around our Windows and OS X packages.
>
> At the moment, our OS X package is hosted on Github, which we need to fix.
> What can we do to get this package into the source, and maybe iterate on it
> a little?
>
> And are there any improvements we can make to our Windows package for this
> release?
>
> Any volunteers to head up these efforts?

Anybody who wants to help here is welcome :-)

I am mid updating the public AMI I use for test builds, to include an
R15B02 OTP instead of the R15B I have. That avoids the need for people
to spend ages getting a dev environment set up.

@Wohali has some bits to make an MSI package, better than my hacky
attempts a year ago. That would be cool.

I'm gonna revert to using a newer OpenSSL library if it works out in testing.

Nothing else major comes to mind "down here".

A+
Dave