couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Futon.Next
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:20:09 GMT
(please don't top-post)

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Garren Smith <gs@redcometlabs.com> wrote:
> I think I need to explain that bit. If we want to use Bootstrap and less.js we need a
build tool that will compile the less files into css and then upload the couchapp into couchdb.
Grunt.js is a good fit  but it is an extra dependancy as it requires node.js. Maybe Erica
could do that instead. At this stage these are pretty minor issues that will be easy to sort
out later.

Also the less-to-CSS could be done at release time instead of
run-time, so only the people who hack on Futon will have to install
node. That would be fine with me, of course.

Cheers,

Dirkjan