couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject CORS support
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:52:26 GMT
Hello all,

So I finally committed my patch about CORS support following the current
W3C working draft [1]. This patch support simple and preflights requests
for a couchdb node. Configuration can also be done for a specific vhost.

To enable CORS you need to set the option `cors_enable = true`  (by default
cors is disable). All origins are matched by default.

To configure defaults cors settings you need to create the [cors] section
in the ini file:

[cors]
allows_credentials = false
; List of origins separated by a comma
;origins =
; List of accepted headers separated by a comma
; headers =
; List of accepted methods
; methods =

allows credentials allows you to accept connections to protected dbs and
nodes.

To set the options for a vhosts you will need to create a section with the
vhost name prefixed by "cors:" . Ex for the vhost example.com:

; Configuration for a vhost
:[cors:example.com]
; allows_credentials = false
; List of origins separated by a comma
;origins =
; List of accepted headers separated by a comma
; headers =
; List of accepted methods
; methods =

Some tests have been added but we need to increase their number to be sure
to cover all the features presented here.

Anyway please tests, and let me know. This feature is available in the
branch COUCHDB-431_cors:

Commit: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/commit/0777262f

Please test and let me know.

- benoƮt