couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:44:06 GMT
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Octavian Damiean <mainerror@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not that simple Alexander.
>
> While we might be using Bootstrap, I'm sure we all agree that we don't want
> to have the default Bootstrap style like a plethora of other websites have.
> That means that we'll have to ship our own customized Less stylesheets
> which have to be compiled to CSS first. That's only one example.

Sure, but why not plain everybody-known-css that easy to fix? CSS is
not horrible thing to wrap it with preprocessors while you could
develop your style within browser (hi, firebug) and sync changes
without recompiling, for example. It also will be much more easy to
fix minor nasty specific bugs in perspective while our styles sheets
wouldn't be so big and rich to use class inheritance and other things.

--