couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Octavian Damiean <mainer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:28:58 GMT
While I agree that we should make use of this momentum to get something
done I don't quite agree on the "let's jump right into it and use whatever
one thinks" approach.

If we plan to use technology X to build it, then technology Y might be a
dependency. Less for example is a dependency of Bootstrap (unless we want
the default Bootstrap design).

Same goes for the underlying framework, replacing Sammy.js with Backbone.js
is not just like replacing the JavaScript files it comes close to a
complete rewrite.

Also, having multiple people work on the same project requires them to
reach a consensus on what they use to they can actually plug it together in
the end, it's not like everyone can develop their part in isolation and
everything will just work eventually.