couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Octavian Damiean <mainer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:24:53 GMT
I think there is quite a bit of confusion about Node.js and Less usage
apparently. I'm going to try to clear this up.

The less stylesheets will be compiled to CSS at build-time and will be
served as plain old CSS directly from CouchDB. Node.js would not be a
dependency to run CouchDB but only to build/hack on it.

Node.js would solve quite a few build problems in one go. It can be used to
compile our Less stylesheets to CSS, minify CSS and JS if necessary and
then upload it to your local (or remote) CouchDB instance.