couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Branca <chewbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:37:44 GMT
Hello,

The Cloudant proof of concept code is up on
https://github.com/cloudant-labs/couchdb/tree/fauxton/src/fauxton. For
now don't worry too much about the GUI (we have some wireframes in the
works to share soon), the things of interest are:

* modular system for building GUI components, on top of backbone and
bootstrap, including the ability to load external modules.
* grunt build system, "compiles" into a database or share/www, e.g.
can be served out of localhost:5984/_utils/fauxton/index.html
* "skin-able" via less
* JSON text editor with live linting and error messages using JSHint

Obvious things that need working on:

* integrating with automake etc for releases
* the GUI
* developer documentation

We'd be interested in what people think, specifically if this is a
good foundation to build futon.next on. Barring any show stoppers this
will be what we use to build the next Cloudant user dashboard, and it
would be good to involve and collaborate with the wider community as
early as possible.

I'll be around today in the irc meeting today if anyone has any
questions or ideas.

Cheers

Russell & Simon