couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Branching for the CouchDB 1.3 release
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:42:37 GMT
All,

It's been a while since we released and I want to change this now. I
propose making a 1.3.x branch from today's master
(66529378dd06342929e04772370f3509cbe786a5) and building 1.3.0 there.

As I understand, the principal outstanding issues blocking the 1.3.0
release are;

1) Randall Leed's backports of fixes from 1.2.0. This code is written
and I have reviewed it, though more eyes are appreciated.
2) The CORS patch. This has been around for a very long time but has
not reached our repository in any form. Earlier this month I proposed
that if it does not appear in usable form by the end of the calendar
month, it gets bumped to the next release.
3) The blockers marked in JIRA.

I think all of those things can land on 1.3.x and master.

Can I get some votes on my proposal to branch today please?

B.