couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 06:30:59 GMT
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Ryan Ramage <ryan.ramage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd assume that in a release we'd compile things down into the share/www
>>> directory and serve out of there (as we do with the current futon, and will
>>> do with the docs), so what we need IMHO is a build tool not a couchapp push
>>> tool.
>>>

>> If Futon.Next should become a proper CouchApp as discussed then we
>> certainly need a CouchApp push tool.
>
> One requirement out of Cloudant is the ability to turn things on and
> off. This will require persistance. Have a db to persistant settings
> would be a feature of using a couchapp.

That's not how I read this requirement. My understanding was that
Cloudant wanted the ability to turn off features at build
configuration time. It would affect which js files get pushed. That
means it would either effect which files grunt.js processes, or it
would affect what files get listed in some couchapp manifest.

If runtime configuration is necessary, that should be articulated more
clearly as a requirement, but I worry that this starts to balloon into
more of a CMS agree with Alexander that it starts to look like we've
gone too far.