couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: Inspiring comment about CouchDB on Hacker News
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:03:40 GMT
I'll be in Boston next week and plan to spend a good chunk of time
with davisp on the merge. If not actually doing it, since we'd have to
do over, but a trial run through.

For 1.3, I think it's just CORS patch waiting now? No movement in a
while so I wonder if we can agree that if we don't make progress by
the end of this month, we bump it to 1.4. As for couchdb-1175, the
conneg thing, I suggest we bump that to Future or close it. Since we
plan regular time-based releases, bumping should be a normal operation

There must be some more minor and not so minor bugs we could fix in
1.3 that are not marked for the release and possibly not even filed. I
encourage everyone to look for those things and tag them for 1.3. A
flurry of small fixes would be great, giving us the foundation for the
merge. I will separately look for any fixes that cloudant have made to
our couchdb code with a view to back porting. I know we have some
important fixes and enhancements to the new 1.2 replicator. Anyone,
dev or user, that spends time finding and filing replicator related
tickets for 1.3 is making a meaningful contribution.

Sent from the ocean floor

View raw message