couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wendall Cada <wenda...@83864.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB image for AWS marketplace
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:52:09 GMT
On 10/05/2012 05:34 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So, 10gen have a Mongo image in the AWS market place.
>
> https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B007IBMJPI/
>
> Would be cool if we had a community maintained CouchDB one.
>
> We could pimp it out on the website as a way to get up and running in the
> cloud.
I have one that I maintain. It is pretty much stock Amazon Linux with
the rpm packages from my github (wendall911). I run this on a micro
instance with a separate EBS volume for storage. I have a few other
backup jobs that run on the instance as well, but it mostly is just
another CouchDB node. Setup is very straight forward and runs rock solid.
> Anyone familiar with AWS and prepared to keep one up-to-date as we
> do releases?
Yes and yes. I do this already. I can be involved, as I have time, or I
also maintain build instructions and a YUM repo with updated, signed
packages I maintain for AWS I'd be willing to share. Would be nice to
co-share the responsibilities. Just to be clear, my setup is for Amazon
Linux, a derivative of CentOS.

Wendall