couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ruben LZ Tan <sog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to connect CouchDB from Tomcat with jquery not any javaProgram
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 09:22:14 GMT
I'm not really a sys admin so I'm not so sure of the exact way to do it, unfortunately. But
just think of CouchDB as a webserver. You put CouchDB in say, a AWS instance, and you can
connect to it locally, right? Via curl and such. Now you have your app in another server,
how do you access your CouchDB? You can't, because there's no way to reach it since the CouchDB
"server" only exists in that AWS instance. If I understand this correctly, you can expose
a port in your AWS instance to redirect to your CouchDB's port, which will then allow you
to access it from anywhere in the world using curl or browser.

Not sure if this helps. I am terrible at explaining stuff like this. :/

Thanks,
Ruben Tan