couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Futon.Next
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:42:44 GMT

On Oct 25, 2012, at 18:20 , Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> (please don't top-post)
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Garren Smith <gs@redcometlabs.com> wrote:
>> I think I need to explain that bit. If we want to use Bootstrap and less.js we need
a build tool that will compile the less files into css and then upload the couchapp into couchdb.
Grunt.js is a good fit  but it is an extra dependancy as it requires node.js. Maybe Erica
could do that instead. At this stage these are pretty minor issues that will be easy to sort
out later.

> Also the less-to-CSS could be done at release time instead of
> run-time, […]

I was going to suggest this as well. Futon should be ready to run after an installation and
ideally not have any extra install dependencies. We can “create” a Futon on package-time.

I’m very excited to see concentrated efforts going this way!

Jan