couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Part2: What's up dev? About couchapps.
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:27:47 GMT
> python, just vim ...)  and real good docs to go with that

Forget vim, way too complicated :)

Ok this is more of an opinionated post.

If I was to pick sides, I would go with..... erica. (I bet you all
thought I was going to say Kanso)
Erica is the follows traditional couchapp, it's the most native,
requires no additional runtime or install, and its supported by one of
the core couchdb contributors.

If one wants to do fancy stuff like precomiple, minification, reusing
packages, etc, one can simple use one of a host of build tools and
just write to a traditional couchapp format, and then use erica as the
final build step.