couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Part2: What's up dev? About couchapps.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:26:58 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about this "reference implementation" this morning. I think having a bunch,
in multiple languages might not be a bad idea. So a simplified erica, couchapp.py, the node.js
couchapp tool etc could all be there. That would make picking up and reusing in a 3rd party
app easier (since I'd just import/require the thing) and might help constrain the functionality
and scope down to something really minimal…

Having a bunch sounds like a strong argument in favor of not shipping
them with Apache CouchDB.

Cheers,

Dirkjan