couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: no communication ? signs of a dying project
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:36:46 GMT
As a follow up...

CouchDB is in no rush to keep up with anything. Slow and steady wins the
race. We've at Apache for five years, and we'll be here for five years
more. We don't measure ourselves against other projects. That's a quick
route to mediocrity.

Sorry that you didn't get responses as quickly as you were expecting. As
Jan points out, we're all doing this because we're passionate about the
project. Nobody is paid to work on CouchDB. So a little patience is needed.

But also, CouchDB is a do-ocracy. People who do things are the people who
shape the project. Telling other people they should do stuff does not have
a history of working out so great. So if you think newbies should be
responded to faster, try doing it yourself, and getting others to pitch in.
Some sort of triage team might even form around that effort. And if you
think the docs could go faster, hop on to IRC, send a few more emails,
figure out how you can help, and get stuck in.

To quote Gandhi, "be the change you want to see in the project."

Welcome to the team. ;)

--
NS