couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: deb versioned database dirs
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 13:40:02 GMT
Randall,

Sorry for the very late reply (doing some long overdue email sprints).

What did you do about this in the end?

I was the one who designed that scheme for Debian, so I can, at least, let
you know the thinking behind it.

I was concerned about an update to CouchDB breaking, or corrupting, old
data. So, new package versions, obviously, install a fresh CouchDB, and it
is up to you to port the data across.

Now, CouchDB is a lot more stable than it used to be, but we do, still,
have breaking changes from time to time.

How would those be handled by your package?

(Or were you just installing the package, and not hacking on it, in which
case, should we file a bug downstream?)

--
NS