couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "john.tiger" <john.tigernas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couch has docs!
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:02:29 GMT

>>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Documentation#Setting_up_Python_and_Sphinx_for_the_first_time
>>> 2. run this which should work:
>>>
>>> sphinx-build -a -E -W -n \
>>> -D version='$ver' \
>>> -D release='$ver-git-sha' \
>>> -D project='Apache CouchDB' \
>>> -D copyright='$year, Apache Software Foundation' \
>>> -d $TMPDIR/couchdocs/ \
>>> rst/ \
>>> `pwd`/manual
>>>
>>> Feel free to give the github approach a go
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Documentation#Editing_Documentation_via_GitHub
>>> as well.
>>
>> ugh, pythoners always make things more complex and time wasting - markdown
>> is so much simpler, no compiling necessary and more compatible with github
>>
> sure so you run markdown.py and here we go. Oh damn it's python. does
> it means markdown is also complex?

look, if it was a simple markdown text file download, I'd already be
reading and making updates instead of f.. ing around trying to install a
bunch of scripts - I already wasted a couple of hours last night just
trying to get this stuff - want contibutors, make it simple.  screwed
around with rst a few years ago - waste of time.