couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb osx binary branding
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:44:28 GMT

On Sep 9, 2012, at 15:22 , Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> When was this added.

r1351084 | jan | 2012-06-17 12:00:26 +0200 (Sun, 17 Jun 2012) | 1 line

add Mac OS X binary

> I am really not happy about us linking to a Github
> download from our homepage. This is very bad practice, IMO. (Though I am
> very happy that we are making progress on the OS X front.)
>
> What will it take to get this download being built from the source by a
> member of the release team, and hosted on ASF hardware?

All these issues were brought up in the original thread and we agreed that we'd tackle them
after we post what we have because we agreed that getting something out was better than nothing.

Sorry if this caught you by surprise, Noah!

Cheers
Jan