couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Part2: What's up dev? About couchapps.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:16:25 GMT
Hey,

On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 at 09:09, Noah Slater wrote:

> If you had to pick between bundling the afformentioned reference
> implementation (a tool that just uploads a dir structure to a design doc,
> and pretty much nothing else) and Benoit's erica, which would you pick, and
> why? And which one of those tools do you think it would be easier to wrap a
> 3rd party CouchApp framework around?

I was thinking about this "reference implementation" this morning. I think having a bunch,
in multiple languages might not be a bad idea. So a simplified erica, couchapp.py, the node.js
couchapp tool etc could all be there. That would make picking up and reusing in a 3rd party
app easier (since I'd just import/require the thing) and might help constrain the functionality
and scope down to something really minimal…
Cheers
Simon