couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Kögl <>
Subject Re: COUCHDB-1444 (missing_named_view error on existing javascript design doc and view)
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:17:57 GMT

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Robert Newson <> wrote:
> Yes, I've been looking into it but I can't induce the condition locally, which hinders
my progress considerably.
> I have made a related fix on couchdb master (ce7204b7eb64ac98d4445130fc4e647ed5181da9)
which might have fixed this but I can't confirm.
> If you are able to induce this reliably, I would like to work with you to resolve this
issue. IRC is best.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this reliably. The problem only
appears on one of my production systems, but there rather often (at
least every 2nd day, sometimes even 5 times a day). However, if you
could prepare a patch against 1.2.0, I'd try to patch this system and
see what happens.

-- Stefan

> On 2 Aug 2012, at 22:15, Stefan Kögl wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just wanted to ask if any of the devs would be willing to help with
>> tracking down and solving COUCHDB-1444 (missing_named_view error on
>> existing javascript design doc and view), which has been open since
>> March.
>> Already 7 people who were affected by this issue (some on production
>> systems) have commented on the issue, confirming it for combinations
>> of 1.1.1, 1.2.0, 1.3.0@master (f0d6f19bc8) and R13B03, R14, R15B01,
>> but apparently no one could provide any useful debugging output.
>> I lack the Erlang skills to tackle this issue myself, but I'd like to
>> help with debugging as much as I can.
>> Any feedback, thoughts, etc would be very much appreciated!
>> Thanks,
>> -- Stefan

View raw message