couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:07:05 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> What is Pytohn nirvana? Is that related to the Sphinx effort I checked out
> towards the end of this thread?

Sphinx is written in Python, but I'm not sure why Dave mentioned the
Python nirvana. You don't need to write any Python to improve Sphinx
docs, just installing some Python-based tools to turn them into HTML
or any of other output formats.

> I think once the docs are converted to RST and the Sphinx work looks okay,
> we should merge this into master, and I am offering to take over from
> there. I will happily integrate this into the build system, hook it up with
> Futon, update the README files, etc.
>
> What is standing between here and there?
>
> What is there left to do before we can get the Sphinx work into master for
> further iteration?

The conversion from DocBook to Sphinx isn't perfect, so it needs a bit
of tweaking to fix up links and some minor syntax issues. I'm happy to
work on that; I think it makes sense to keep this work on the docs
branch for a bit longer while these small issues get fixed.

I'm also happy to do further work after that (though I may not be the
best person to work on autotools integration, other than calling the
Sphinx Makefile from one of the other Makefiles).

Cheers,

Dirkjan