couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:08:33 GMT
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to summarize the actions we need to put in place here:
>
> 1. create the doc branch , start to track the process of the
> conversion to make sure we didn't lost an information.

I have a docs branch working on this:
https://github.com/djco/couchdb/commits/docs

> 2. hack the autotools to handle this makefile and the needed check

I can make a start with that, but Noah will take it further as needed.

> 3. hoock it to git? (can we do that actually on the apache website)

I've set this up for readthedocs.org (hook from my branch, mentioned
above), we can switch that later.

> Where do we host the doc?

I'll leave that to the committers. readthedocs.org works nicely,
though, will let you do automatic updating using a hook, and I think
can do custom domains.

> Where do we place the donated docs?

The consensus in IRC was that they would remain in the repository
history of the docs branch, but not in new commits once the Sphinx
conversion is complete.

Cheers,

Dirkjan