couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: include_atttachments=true & include_docs=true
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:59:24 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> The attachment data would be streamed, not fully materialized into memory, so the difference
is the size of an attachment chunk (which is under 8k iirc).

That's right for client and direct view request, but I'm asking about
_list processing on query server side. Streaming attachments to it via
stdin wouldn't solve that problem if attachments will be embed into
doc object. If not: I suppose then there would be new command set that
breaks compatibility and it's not clear how to fast read and process a
lot of chunks within fixed os_process time.

--