couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:00:17 GMT
Dirkjan,

Texinfo is important because we are using Autotools, and it expects texinfo
so it can install info pages. Autotools comes with a toolchain which will
convert texinfo into other formats for you, for free. The user doesn't need
anything installed locally on their machine. This is why I listed it as a
requirement for the docs solution we pick. Fortunately, Sphinx satisfies
this, which is why I am pleased.

What is Pytohn nirvana? Is that related to the Sphinx effort I checked out
towards the end of this thread?

I think once the docs are converted to RST and the Sphinx work looks okay,
we should merge this into master, and I am offering to take over from
there. I will happily integrate this into the build system, hook it up with
Futon, update the README files, etc.

What is standing between here and there?

What is there left to do before we can get the Sphinx work into master for
further iteration?

--
NS