couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@say.biz>
Subject How can we do business with CouchDB developers?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:40:22 GMT
I have a problem:
My javascript developers need som expert help now and then.
I wish there was a way to identify experienced CouchDB developers that would be interested
in paid ad hoc assignments.

My assumption is that some developers that have invested heavily in CouchDB could benefit
from offering their competence to us who are struggling with some early application development
on this platform.
My assumption is also that I am not the only one willing to pay for problem solving when the
not-so-expert javascript developers are stuck on some issue due to the lack of CouchDB tutorials
(especially CouchApp).

Just to mention some of the struggles that we have had the past couple of weeks:
Creating a solution for authentication via LinkeIN for a couchApp
Creating a notification service (using Couch _changes from node.js, sending mail via Postmarkapp)

Array keys
Attachment upload function in a CouchApp web editor
Access to several databases from one CouchApp
Fetching multiple documents with some include_docs=true tricks
Using rewrites.json to control access to data based on user roles

Probably mundane things for the leading CouchDB developers, for us - a big waste of time.

I invite CouchDB developers that are interested in paid assignements to a new, members-only
LinkedIN group (the existing one was spammed to death)
at
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4547164

Please give your input on how to do business out of CouchDB development support in the LinkedIn
group

Best regards,
Johs

Twitter @ensby