couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:28:27 GMT
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> I dislike a veto without an adequate reason. Can you make your objections explicit? What
can't we do (that we need) with Markdown?

I gave some:
>>[..]  There is no real doc system in markdown which will
>> force to write another script and we will lost some features given by
>> docbook (linking, references...)

linking, automatic references, templating. specific section markups ...
the need to write this tool to generate the doc while we could reuse a
widely used tool wich is important for me. Also with sphinx you could
still generate a PDF or event an ebook which is imo important for
those who want to consult the doc offline.

- benoƮt