couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: validate_doc_update response?
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:40:55 GMT
Hi Samuel!

> 1/ I'm wondering what are valid responses to validate_doc_update? The query
> services I've seen return either a hash {forbidden: "message"} or 1
>
> Can I return true rather than 1? Seems more logical..

You could, but this would be invalid output. See for details:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/src/couchdb/couch_query_servers.erl#L230

> 2/ Why is the name "validate_doc_update" so verbose when compared with
> "lists", "filters", etc? Why not just "validates"?

Initially it was "validate" command, but since any ddoc subcommand is
a ddoc field, it eventually renamed to validate_doc_update.
See first commit about it:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/9044fc0234ed65056f087a86c7c117922f2a2c75

--