couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "ddoc" protocol for query server?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 16:55:29 GMT
> 1/ Does modern 1.2 server use the old map/reduce functions at all?
Yes. There wasn't serious changes for all time except addition of
shared library for map functions

> 2/ I noticed that errors in some cases seem to be returned as an array (old
> way?) but in the docs it gives an example using a hash, so I'm assuming
> this is the modern way?

No: array format is modern one. Errors format of errors was changed in
0.11 from:
{"error": "<<error>>", "reason": "<<reason>>"}
["error", "<<error>>", "<<reason>>"]
However, the "forbidden" error leaved without any changes:
{"forbidden": "<<reason>>"}

--