couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:41:48 GMT
Hi,
Has this moved on at all? Thinking about it a bit more (off and on) I'm inclined to suggest
that DocBook isn't the greatest format. If we stored the docs in markdown it would be easier
for people to edit/contribute (they could view the docs and make changes in github without
having to compile/install anything). I'm happy to put some cycles into converting whats there
to a bunch of markdown. Rendering that in futon is pretty easy too.

I can see the benefits of DocBook for writing a book, but I'm not sure that its what's needed
here - it seems like using a hammer to crack a nut.
Cheers
Simon

On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 21:25, Noah Slater wrote:

> I am publicly taking ownership of this project, and will run point on it.
>
> I've not contributed code to CouchDB for a while, and my free personal time is scarce,
but I am in the best position to do this work. I know Autotools and DocBook very well, and
have integrated them in the past.