couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Dias <richa...@packtpub.com>
Subject New book on CouchDB - Packt Publishing
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 04:43:57 GMT
Hello,

My name is Richard and I work for Packt, publishers of a book on CouchDB
called 'CouchDB and PHP Web Development Beginner's Guide
<http://www.packtpub.com/couchdb-and-php-web-development-beginners-guide/book>'
by Tim Juravich. Once the book gets published (expected by the end of
this month), I'd like to send you and the other members of the CouchDB
team some copies of the book. I believe these books will complement some
of brilliant work your team has done.

I'm not sure if you've heard of Packt before? We're an independent
publishing company formed in 2004, focusing mainly on Open Source books
for developers and programmers. We're passionate about Open Source and
are committed to promoting and supporting Open Source projects.

When we published our first book on phpMyAdmin in 2004, we decided to
allocate to 2% of all sales back to the phpMyAdmin project. This was our
way of providing them with ongoing support and funding. To date, we have
paid open source projects over $150,000. Therefore, as we have published
a book on *CouchDB,* we will be allocating 2% of every CouchDB and PHP
Web Development Beginner's Guide
<http://www.packtpub.com/couchdb-and-php-web-development-beginners-guide/book>book
sold to the *CouchDB* project.

I'd like to talk to you in more detail about the scheme and how we can
work together, is this something you are interested in?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Richard

Richard Dias
*Project Relationship Executive*| Packt Publishing |
www.PacktPub.com<http://www.packtpub.com/>
*MSN:* richardd@packtpub.com<mailto:richardd@packtpub.com>
Interested in becoming an author? Visit Packt's Author Website
<http://authors.packtpub.com/>for all the information you need about
writing for Packt.