couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: http PATCH support?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:22:52 GMT

We had a few related things on the API list from the couchdb summit, they might well cover
the main use cases and we can ignore generic PATCH support.

Specifically, the ability to GET/PUT individual keys of a document.

GET /dbname/docid/_key/foo

would fetch doc.foo (or 404 if not present?)

PUT /dbname/docid/_key/foo -d '"bar"' would change it to bar (regardless of whether it exists
or its current value)

DELETE /dbname/docid/_key/foo deletes it.

And so on.

B.