couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:25:46 GMT
Hi,
> This has nothing to do with docbook, we generate HTML and we can link to that in Futon,
I don't think we want to generate the Futon-docs part in docbook, but happy to be proven wrong.
I think it'd be easer to make a docs.html in futon that keeps the header and sidebar and just
shows the /_docs/... link.
 I'm probably just showing how little I know about docbook ;) (not helped by their documentation
wiki being down currently…). If this was sphinx I'd write a theme that would be applied
to all the generated html, making it easy to plug into futon (or style for other purposes).
I'm assuming we could do the same thing with docbook, though putting the generated content
in an iframe is probably quicker (and is what I've just done).

(http://daleharvey.github.com/jquery.couch.js-docs/symbols/index.html)?)

> We should definitely consider this, but I think that is out of scope for this particular
patch.
Agreed, just thinking ahead a bit.
Cheers
Simon