couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: couchdb osx binary branding
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:50:26 GMT
Hi Benoit,

1) I agree. I missed the "CouchDB Server" Title. Menu items are ok though. I will refactor
the title in the next version.

2) I don't see a problem here. The codebase was initially created by Jan and he chose the
Apache License 2.0. That License is still intact, independent from where the source code is
located.

Anyway there are a lot of components that are not in the "official" repo like curl, otp, icu,
spidermokey, etc. I mean we all know that CouchDB has a lot of components. The OS X app wrapper
is just a small addition.

Your argument about source locations, copyrights and being "official" is also valid for the
Windows build. It contains all these components not in the official repo.

3) Agreed about the ABOUT. I will add a link.

- Hans