couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:55:50 GMT
> Sorry, my bad, it actually ships with Macs as far as I can tell. I updated the README.

> Did you mean to do `make dev && utils/run` or is `./bin/couchdb` done in a `make
install` target?
 It was done in the make install target. make dev && utils/run works.
> > * did a make clean in both docs and main dir, once I did that the docs build fails:
> > SEVERE: Exception
> > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
"{}block" is not a valid child of "fo:root"! (See position

> I can't reproduce this in my dev repo or clean checkout.
Ah, I cocked up; I'd accidentally removed the jars when running the make clean :)
> It is already linked up in Futon, pointing to /_docs/manual/couchdb-manual.html-dir/index.html
(see 06210b9), but it just jumps to the docs and out of futon, which isn't very user-friendly.
We could iframe things, or open the docs in a new window/tab, although I tend to not like
that :)

I think I mean where do we go now. Agree that integrating the docs into futon would be nice
(though I don't know how to do that with docbook, not used it before now, will dig in). What
about things like pulling in Dale's jquery.couch.js docs (

Once this is integrated with the main make I guess it makes sense to have a "normal" make
just create the html for serving, and making building the pdf etc something you explicitly